SSC CGL 2020 Exam Notification @ssc.nic.in
SSC CGL 2020 Notification: SSC CGL 2020 Exam is a National-Level exam conducted by SSC (Staff Selection Commission) every year for the recruitment of various Group-B and Group-C posts in different Ministries/ Departments/ Organisations of The Government Of India.
As per the SSC Official (ssc.nic.in) Exam Calendar, The official notification for SSC CGL 2020 will be released on 15th September 2020.
Eligibility for SSC CGL
A candidate must be either: A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
A Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
A Candidate should be between 18 and 30 years in age. The SSC CGL age limit for different posts has been set for a minimum of 18 and a maximum of 32 years.
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualifications|
|Assitant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer (AAO)||Essential Qualifications: Bachelor‟s Degree from a recognized University or Institute.|
Chartered Accountant/ Cost & Management Accountant/ Company Secretary/ Masters in Commerce/ Masters in Business Studies/ Masters in Business Administration (Finance)/ Masters in Business Economics
|Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level;|
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute. The candidates must have studied Statistics as a subject in all the three years of the graduation|
|All other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.|
NOTE: The candidates appearing in the final year (Semester) of their graduation can also apply. However, they must possess Essential qualification on or before the prescribed date.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL Examination will be conducted in four stages as indicated below:
|Stage||Exam Type||Exam Mode|
|Tier-I:||Objective Type, Multiple Choice Questions||Computer-Based Examination|
|Tier-II:||Objective Type, Multiple Choice Questions||Computer-Based Examination|
|Tier-III:||Descriptive Paper in|
English or Hindi
|Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)|
|Tier-IV:||Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test||Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification.|
- Both Tier-I and Tier-II consists of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension in Tier-I and Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension): in Tier-II.
- In Tier-I, For each wrong answer, there will be negative marking of 0.50 Marks.
- In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I (Quantitative Abilities), Paper-III (Statistics) and Paper-IV (General Studies-Finance and Economics).
- In Tier-II, Paper-I (Quantitative Abilities) and Paper-II English Language and Comprehension) are compulsory for All the posts.
- Paper-III (Statistics) Only for those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and Statistical Investigator Grade-II who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
- In Tier-II, Paper-IV (General Studies-Finance and Economics) will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer
Tier-I Exam Pattern (Online)
|A.||General Intelligence and|
|Total||Time-60 Minutes||100 Questions||200 Marks|
Tier-II Exam Pattern (Online)
|II||English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|IV||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
|Time- 120 Minutes (for each Paper)|
Tier-III Exam Pattern (Offline)
|Scheme of Examination||Maximum|
|Pen and Paper mode||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/ Precis/|
Letter/ Application etc.)
The Descriptive Paper in Tier-III must be written either in Hindi or in English.
The Candidates are strictly advised not to write any personal details e.g. Name, Address, Roll number, Contact number, etc inside the Answer Book (Tier-III), Descriptive Paper.
Tier-IV (Skill Test)
In the Tier-IV, Document Verification/ Computer Proficiency Test and Data Entry Skill Test will be conducted.
|SSC CGL Tier IV Skill Test||For the Posts of||Maximum Marks||Time|
|Computer Prociency Test (Word Processing/ Excel Sheet/ PowerPoint)||Assistant Section Officer in CSS, MEA, SFIO, GSI,||Qualifying|
|Data Entry Speed Test||Tax Assistant|
(CBDT & CBEC)
SSC CGL 2020 Tier-I Topic Wise Syllabus
General Intelligence & Reasoning
|Distance Direction Test||1|
|Logical Venn Diagram||1|
|Counting of figures||1|
|Paper-cutting & folding||1|
|Cube & Dice||1|
|Figure formation & Analysis||1|
|General Awareness Topics||Weightage|
|Indian Polity & Constitution||2-3|
|Economy & Finance||2|
|Science & Technology||5-6|
Maths (Arithmetic + Advance)
|Ratio And Proportion||1|
|Time And Work||1|
|Time, Speed And Distance||1|
|Profit And Loss/ Discount||2|
|S.I. And C.I.||1|
|Data Interpretation (DI)||4|
|Cloze test/ Passage||5|
|Fill in the blanks||2|
|Idioms & Phrases||2|
SSC CGL Exam Date
As per the SSC Official Exam Calendar, The official notification for SSC CGL 2020 Exam will be released on 15th September 2020.
|SSC CGL 2020 Notification Date||15th September-15th October 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Date 2020||To be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Date 2020||To be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Tier-III Exam Date 2020||To be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam Date 2020||To be Notified Later|